Step #1: Login to your account
Step #2: Select your team
Step #3: Open game report form
The green links in the screenshot below will become visible at the contest’s official start time. Clicking on them will open a popup window with a form to submit your report.
You can view past reports by clicking the blue “View Game Reports” buttons. These buttons will also appear in your team’s dashboard when an opposing coach submits their game report so you can verify the information they submitted was correct.
Step #4: Submit game report
The only required information for your official game report is the score for each team. However, we do encourage you to fill out the “Quick Hits” section to give your players extra recognition.
Your official game report will be sent to our Section VI Field Hockey media distribution list. You no longer need to contact 4-5 outlets to get your scores and stats reported.
Optionally, you can also submit a player for the WNYAthletics.com Athlete of the Week. The staff at WNY Athletics will announce the top-5 nominees on Saturday evening and host a live poll on their website to determine the winner.
What happens when a game report is submitted?
- All websites powered by NYSHighSchoolSports.com will be updated immediately (sectionvifieldhockey.com and wnyathletics.com) with a result that is marked “pending”.
- Trigger an email to The Buffalo News and any other media outlets that subscribe to updates for your team.
- Media outlets can follow individual schools in their coverage area. For instance, the West Seneca Bee can subscribe to immediate email updates for all West Seneca teams.
- They will also have access in their media accounts to view any scores reported in Barker, Olean, etc. so when playoff time comes around they’re able to access information for teams outside of their coverage zone.
- Trigger an email to the opposing coach with the information that was submitted.
- The coach can ignore this email (thereby accepting the info submitted by the other coach), or…
- Login and submit their own game report with the correct information.
- The following evening around 5pm we will be going through the scores for the weekend and entering the “verified” results.
- Thursday night games are verified on Friday, Friday’s game are verified on Saturday, etc. This gives losing coaches almost 24 hours to submit a game report if they dispute the winning coach.
- If only one game report was submitted that will be entered as the official score.
- If each team submits a game report and they dispute each other we’ll follow up with the coaches to get the correct result.
- If both teams submit a game report and they match – instead of waiting until Sunday at 5pm the system will automatically verify the score since there is an agreement.
- The official standings for teams will be updated when the official results are entered Sunday evening. There will not be any immediate change in win-loss records / standings when game reports are submitted (unless both the winning and losing team submit matching game reports).